They are simple phrases. They sound Christian—like something you might find in the Bible. We’ve all heard these words. Maybe we’ve said them. They capture some element of truth, yet they often miss the point in important ways.
Union invites you to our annual Soup and Bible Study on Wednesday nights during Lent. This year, we will join Adam Hamilton in searching for the whole truth by comparing common Christian clichés to the message and ministry of Jesus. The clichés include:
- March 8 Everything Happens for a Reason
- March 15 God Helps Those Who Help Themselves
- March 22 God Won’t Give You More Than You Can Handle
- March 29 God Said It, I Believe It, That Settles It
- April 2 Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin
We encourage you to, purchase a book, begin reading, and pray about who you will invite to join us. We will meet at 5:45 PM in the Fellowship Hall for a light soup supper, followed by Bible study each evening.